This is my regular tare (dipping sauce) for yakiniku (grilled meat), or anything grilled including seafood and vegetables. It’s rich in flavors with two kinds of soy sauce (or you can make with one kind), Hatcho miso, ginger, garlic, etc. And the addition of the pure daidai citrus juice gives the beautiful aromatic nuance. Great accompaniment for anything I cook with my Iga-yaki grills.
Vegan optionThis sauce is vegan.
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons Hatcho miso (can substitute with regular miso)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons pure daidai juice (can substitute with other citrus juice)
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
Whisk together all the ingredients in a bowl well.