Quick and super tasty Iced Houjicha Latte with Chocolate Almond Milk. I loves blending it with chocolate almond milk with a splash of date syrup. The roasted flavor of the houjicha goes so well with the chocolate flavor, but feel free to blend with your choice of milk. The experience even enhances with these hand-made Glass Katakuchi Serving Bowl and Cloud Glass Tea Cups from Shiga, Japan.
Vegan optionThis is a vegan drink
Servings2 - 3
- Houjicha powder
- Date syrup or your choice of syrup/sugar
- Chocolate almond milk, or your choice of milk
- Add 6 good scoops (about 6 g) of Houjicha powder into a bowl. Whisk with chasen to break any lumps (or sift the powder into the bowl).
- Pour 3 – 4 tablespoons hot water and whisk briskly with chasen. Add some date syrup (1 – 2 tablespoon or more if you like) and whisk again.
- Add about 200 ml of chocolate almond milk (or your choice of milk) and stir well. Add a few ice cubes and stir again.
- Pour into cups. Add more ice cubes if you like and enjoy.
Getting everything ready.
Easy preparation, elegant and tasty drink.
My guilty pleasure…dropping chocolate ice cream in the latte!