This is a very healthy and tasty all-purpose sauce, and made with all “black” ingredients. All you need to do is just whisk together black sesame paste, black sesame seeds, black vinegar, soy sauce, and black sugar. My regular way to use this sauce is to serve with simple steamed tofu and mushrooms. You can also enjoy it with steamed vegetables, fish, etc.
Vegan optionThis is a vegan dish.
YeildAbout 1/2 cup (120 ml)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black sesame paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Okinawa black sugar (or raw brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon ground roasted black sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon or more la-yu (hot chili oil), optional
- Whisk together the black sesame paste and black vinegar. Gradually add the soy sauce to whisk until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk again until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving cup.
We love it with steamed tofu.
The sauce can keep in a tight-sealed jar in refrigerator for up to 1 week or so.