Please don’t forget the one easy step to season Kamado-san before your very first use.
- 3 rice-cups (540 ml) short grain white rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 cups (600 ml) water
Rinse and drain 3 rice cups (540 ml or US 2 1/4 cups) of short grain rice in a bowl.
Soak the rice in 600 ml (US2 1/2 cups) of water for 20 minutes.
Place both lids so that the holes of the lids are positioned perpendicular to each other.
Set Kamado-san on the gas stove top and turn the heat to medium-high (medium-heat for the professional use high calorie burner). Cook for 13 – 15 minutes. The steam should start puffing a couple of minutes before the rice is cooked.
Turn off the heat and let it stand with lids on for 20 minutes.
Rice is now ready to eat. It’s shiny and fluffy.
- If you want the crust, you can cook for extra 1 – 2 minutes.
- General recommended ratio of short grain white rice to water is 9:10. For each 1 rice cup (180 ml) of rice, the suggested water amount is 200 ml. Adjust the ratio according to your preference. (The ratio can be close to 1:1 for new crop rice with higher moisture level.)
- See Kamado-san cooking chart for cooking amount and Kamado-san size variations.