This is absolutely my go-to drink to refresh and relax at the same time on a warm day. In the summertime, I actually make this every day after I come back home from work and enjoy in the kitchen during prepping for dinner. I normally make it with unsweetened almond milk, but you can make it with soymilk, whole milk, or any choice of milk. The matcha I use is a premium quality and I use a generous amount of it, so I hope you try this recipe and find how upgraded this drink tastes compared to commercial matcha drinks.
Vegan optionThis is a vegan drink
- 1 1/2 teaspoons premium grade matcha powder
- 2 teaspoons or more Okinawa black sugar (make sure to break any crumbles and sift first) or raw brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) hot water
- Some ice cubes
- 1 cup (240 ml) almond milk or your choice of milk
- In a matcha bowl (or a regular bowl is okay, too), whisk together the matcha powder and sugar with chasen (matcha whisk).
- Quickly pour the hot water over the matcha mixture, and whisk briskly with chasen until they are smooth and frothy on top.
- Put some ice cubes in a large enough glass. Pour the almond milk over the ice cubes.
- Pour the matcha mixture into the almond milk and gently stir.
The essentials for making matcha latte.
Pour hot water over matcha and sugar mixture.
Whisk briskly until it becomes frothy on top.
Pour the almond milk over the ice.
Then, pour the matcha.
The iced matcha latte is ready. It’s so good.