This dish is ridiculously easy to make and always delicious. During the summer, I make this dish so often, serving it with a nice, crusty baguette. It also makes a nice topping for cream cheese on a cracker. Here, I introduce two versions of the dish and I hope you will get to try both.
Vegan optionThis is a vegan dish
Equipment: Izakaya Nabe
Servings2 - 3 as a small dish
- 3 – 4 tablespoons very high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly esliced
- 10 oz (300 g) cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- (Ver. 1) Chopped herbs, such as basil or parsley
- (Ver. 2) 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Pour the olive oil in the donabe. Add the garlic, cherry tomatoes, and sea salt. Stir.
- Set over medium-low heat and cook until some of the tomatoes start to blister.
- Remove from the heat and add the herbs or garam masala, stir.
I love soaking toasted bread in the sauce. It’s so good.