Here’s the simple grilled meat recipe and tips for using Yaki Yaki San
Vegan optionGrill your choice of vegetables
EquipmentYaki Yaki San
Servings3 - 4
- 12 oz (360 g) kalbi (boneless beef short ribs), thinly-sliced
- salt and pepper
Simple Sesame Oil Dipping Sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds, roasted
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- vegetable oil for the grill top
- thinly-sliced scallion
- daikon sprouts
- lemon wedges
- Season the meat lightly with salt and pepper (just one side is fine).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dipping sauce. Set aside.
- Set a portable gas stove on a dining table. Set Yaki Yaki San on the stove, and pour water into the reservoir up to about 80% full.
- Heat “Yaki Yaki San” over high heat for 5 minutes. Turn down the heat to medium.
- By using a brush or folded paper towel, rub the oil all over the grill top.
- Place the meat slices on the grill and cook until your desired doneness.
- As soon as the meat is ready, serve with the sauce or your choice of condiments.
Serving suggestion 1: Lightly dip the meat in the simple sesame oil dipping sauce.
Serving suggestion 2: Just squeeze some lemon over the meat.
Serving suggestion 3: Make your own lettuce wrap with above condiment(s) and green onion or daikon sprouts.
Meat is lightly seasoned with salt and pepper. Enjoy grilling. You can grill with mushrooms and vegetables, too.
Tips: Wiping the grill top with wet paper towel, or place ice cubes before wiping between cooking different ingredients can help keeping the grill top from burning for easy cleaning.